Sunday, August 12, 2007

The run is on!

I'm so excited! I can start running again...yay! My wonderful mother-in-law got me a double jogger stroller (thanks so much Leslie) This last week I ran for the first time in a couple of months, and it felt great! I'm a little out of shape, but hey I'll get there right? I would like to run a half marathon, and then run a marathon next year, but we'll see :) First I have to concentrate on getting my body back after having a baby!


The boys were eating chips and salsa today, and baby Lance was spitting the onions out back into the bowl. Well, Lance and I were talking, so he wasn't paying much attention, and was eating the spit out salsa. I started cracking up, and when Lance figured out why, he got up and said, "I think I'm done with the chips and salsa."



10 comments:

Christy {The Girl Who Ate Everything} said...

Yuck. The joys of parenthood! What is it about having a baby that makes you so excited to run again. I feel the same way. Our friends were getting rid of their treadmill and I have used that for the last month and it's been awesome. My goal was to do a half or full marathon within a year of Brock being born so if you find a good one let me know! All the ones out here are on Sunday.

Sunny Jo said...

Things like that dont even phase me anymore, i wouldve kept on eating!!:)
Girl, im sure u look FANTASTIC!! i wanna come and see u!!!:)

ashley marie said...

HEY!! thanks for you comment... I know he really is getting big. How are you doing? I didn't know you had another baby!? Congrats! Where are you guys living now... what are you up to?

Tara said...

That is hilarious! So much to look forward to for me! And by the way-did you forget you've had 2 kids! I think you're awesome for running!

The Evers said...

Becky you are amazing! I cant believe you are already ready to get out there! I love the updates it is so fun to see her change! I cant wait to meet her one of these days! Do you have any trips planned to come out here? Cheesecake Factory is calling our names! OH and we would both have babysitters so we could actually enjoy dinner-imagine that! Miss you guys!

The Ducketts said...

Your kids are too cute, and way to go on getting back in shape. I am sure you will be back to 1/2 marathon shape in no time. Brig and I saw you and Lance in a fancy red truck the other day...is that new? Well...cute blog...we need to get together sometime....

The Richards in Canada said...

Good for you!!! It feels great eh!!!

Steelefamily said...

Dont get to skinny again! You are so motivated, Im impressed. I want a jogging stroller. I hope to see your little one soon. Maybe at Jennys baby blessing?

Kari Ann said...

Good for you! Bode is 1 1/2 years and I am sure not in any shape for a marathon. I love the size difference between the two...can you believe that Lance was ever that size?

Katie said...

Becks as soon as I have the baby I will be in training mode with you! I am DYING to start training for a marathon or even a half marathon. I miss running SO much!