Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lance (catch up)

Lance is now in 1st grade.  I can't believe how fast last year went, especially now that we're half way through his 1st grade year.  Lance's teacher, Mrs. Moser is awesome!  He has learned so much from her.  She took the time to make all of her students beanies for Christmas.  What a thoughtful gift, especially with this winter being like it is!  Lance has come so far with his reading and writing.  It has been so much fun to work with him and watch him learn and grow.  I do have to say 1st grade has been a little hard on me.  I miss him so much during the day.  I find myself watching the clock and getting so excited to hear the kids walk through the door.  I drop Rylie off at school (even though it's just right across the street) and Lance goes and picks her up and walks home with her.  One day they walked in the door and he was holding his beanie.  Dad asked if he wore it, and little Lance said "no, I gave it to Rylie to wear because she was cold."  He is such a thoughtful little guy!
Lance was also in the Friend magazine in the December 2012 issue.  I submitted the story when he was five almost six years old and was so surprised to see it in the Friend!  It was the story about Miss Betty and wanthing to eat dinner with her because she eats alone most nights.  Another sweet story about Lance and his tender heart is he asked me to put a quarter in his lunch box so he could buy an otter pop from the 6th graders.  I put three quarters in there and told him to put the other two in his desk so he could have them for another day when the 6th graders sold them.  A few days later he asked me for more quarters.  I asked him if he still had the other two I gave him.  He said "no, I gave them to some other kids who forgot their quarters so they could have an otter pop too."  He is such a sweet boy! 
Lance also turned seven in September, he had a flag football party. We played flag football with all of his little friends. Lance and I were the refs, it was a blast! We thought it would be so much fun for him to have a dirt bike for his birthday. He had no trouble riding it, and has taken such good care of it and his new helmet.  He also learned to drive the jetski and the 4 wheeler.  He was so good we all trusted him to take the other kids with him!  At the beginning of the school year I planned a trip for Lance's (my husband) birthday and father's day. The boys went with Grandma Leslie to Philidelphia to watch Dallas play in two games. They went to New York to watch a game, and watched another in Philidelphia. Lance had such a great time, and can't wait to go back! He has been playing every sport! He's lost four teeth so far! He has played soccer, flag football, basketball, and baseball. last year he did a little wrestling as well. He loves sports and loves them all. This kid is so full of life and energy, and we're so lucky to have him as ours!

















































No comments: