Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The sweetest thing!


I love the sweet little things these kids do. I have to write about Lance and his "latest" little things! A few weeks ago Lance and I sat down to watch my show "desperate housewives" little Lance wanted to stay up for a min. and that part he saw was where Lynette imagining what her life would be like if her child was born with a handicap issue. She was sick of him asking for things and being unappreciative. The kid asked her to make a sandwich for him, and she said pretty much "make it yourself" it took everything he had, and was a real task for him, but he made himself a sandwich. Lynette was so happy about it, cried, hugged him, ect. I told Lance that I was sad because I didn't respond in time to volunteer to go on his fieldtrip. Lance: you can sit right next to me mom. Me: oh, sweetie, I don't have a ticket. Lance: I'll buy you one mom. Me: there's no more tickets, the auditorium is too small. Lance: (with much thought) I'll tell you what mom, I'll make you a sandwich...would you like a sandwich mom.
Anytime I cry or am upset about anything, he goes and puts a piece of cheese between two bread slices and gives it to me to make me feel better...so cute, it melts my heart!
He noticed that I wore a tiara for our wedding, and said "Mom you had a crown on, why?" I told him because I wanted to feel like a princess that day. He said "oh mom, you are a princess." Then goes in my closet and gets the dress that I wore for Matt and Brianna's wedding and insists I wear it. So I did, and all day long, over my clothes...but I was his princess all day :) Love this kid. He's such a boy, but has such a tender little side to him!

6 comments:

Lindsey S. said...

What an adorable kid! And what a fun mom!

Kari Ann said...

That is so dang cute! What a sweetie! You are the cutest mom too!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

What a total, total sweetheart! All those cute little things are so sweet. He is SO CUTE TOO!!!

Dane and Jessica said...

That is too cute!! I wish you had pictures of you wearing your princess dress haha

Celeste said...

What a sweet heart!

Katie and Lane said...

Oh my gosh he is so cute and so sweet. Can we arrange a marriage now- he can marry Sophia or Grace.