Friday, August 1, 2008
I SUCK!
Sorry for the title, but seriously that's how I felt today! First, Lance and Leslie (my wonderful in-laws) kindly let us take their suburban to Bear Lake. It is still in our drive way, so I wanted to get it all cleaned out and washed to bring back to them...that's the least we can do for their generosity right!? Well, Rylie wanted to come out with me to vacume it out. It was so hot outside, so I turned the car on with the AC, put Ry, in the front seat while I vacumed the back/played peek-a-boo, and thought "oh, I need to shut the driver door just in case she leans back" Don't want her to fall out right!? Well, I got done with the driver side back seat area, and shut the door to go around to the other side of the car. Well, the door was locked (Rylie locked it and turned on the blinker). I totally started freaking out! I was relieved that the AC was on, but knew Ry wouldn't want to be in there by herself. I ran in and told Lance, then ran back outside to be by her. She was standing up on the drivers seat just sobbing, and so I started "sobbing." The police came within 5-7 min. which to me still felt like 3 hours, but she was fine, and then I became fine...but I really feel like today....I suck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Beck... Do NOT feel bad at all- things like this happen to EVERYONE!!! Just be grateful that everything is alright! Stuff like that always makes ya sick- like a sinking feeling in your stomach- but it also helps you remember the things that are really important and how much the people- even the lil ones- mean to you! You didn't do anything wrong at all. One time matt was locked in the car when he was a toddler and it was off (and hot) in the garage of our old house and i swear it took more than an hour for anyone to get there. by the time they arrived, he had fallen asleep and because of the heat, we were certain he was passed out or worse... i wasn't very old but i remember banging on the door of the burban yelling at him trying to keep him awake til the cops came. Anyway, i'll stop rambling. Sorry you had a miserable and scary experience, but you are not alone and you don't suck! I luv ya!
Oh my friend I am so sorry! Seriously I know what a great mother you are, and it is these kinds of things that really burst our mothering bubbles. We try so hard to be so careful and so good. I know this probably does not help very much but we all have these days! I am sorry you had to have one today! For crying out loud I let my kid jump on my bed and encouraged it, cheered her on infact-then she fell off and almost broke her noes, and had two swollen eyes for days! Yeah, you do not suck, you are normal! Love you!
Oh my goodness, I feel your pain. You're not alone. You're such a sweetie and a good mommy. The wonderful thing is, they are quick to forgive and forget! We all have these days, I'm just sorry you had to have one today. Don't feel bad :)
I have nightmares that I will do that because it can happen to anyone. I am glad to hear that things turned out well.
Every mom does this..(my twins locked themselves in my car..)
At least you didn't drive off with the baby on top of your car in the car seat..Seriously, my neighbor did that..
p.s. Panner(do they still call you that? If you want to leave a comment on my blog about g-ma wonderful and her cute little house, feel free..G-ma loves to read about the g-kids.. love ya
Same thing happened to me. I took baby Emma out of her carseat to feed her in the front seat, but 2-year old Koko was still in her carseat in the back (we were in the parking lot of Macey's). When I finished and got out to get Koko, I realized as I shut the door that the back door was locked and my keys were in the car. It was quite a scene when 2 police cars and a fire engine showed up. They said paramedics were required because there was a child in the car. Whatever.
Just wanted you to know that you're not alone :)
sad!!! that's the scariest feeling ever! you don't suck, you're human! and you're an AMAZING mother!
Ok so everyone makes crazy little mistakes like this and you are right, it is such a good thing the ac was on. See you are a good mommy! You are so stinkin cute and I can just picture this scene as an outsider looking in.
Oh, so scary! I would have freaked too. I am always so pranoid of doing that while we are out shopping or something and the car is off. I am sorry you had to experience it. Good job to the cops for getting there so fast. I could tell you a ton of stories about the stupid mommy moves i make! :)
Beck. I locked my keys in the car today, but if I had a cute baby I would probabaly have done the same thing. It happens weekly at my work when the cute fireman come and rescue the poor sobbing mothers who stand outside as their kids are chillin in the car. I just laugh and say that they make great stories when the kids are grown up. No worries, at least the husband was with ya!
Post a Comment